FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the bus schedule for GSES?
The bus schedule can be found on the Huntsville City Schools transportation website at www.huntsvillecityschools.org/busroutes.
What are my options for after-school care?
1. EXTENDED DAY: Per Huntsville City School:
Can I walk my child into the classroom on the first day of school?
Yes! Everyone is welcome to walk their child in on the first day of school. Please note that parking is very limited and traffic can be very difficult on the first day so be sure to allow for extra time.
How do I send in an excuse note?
Send an email to your child's teacher and to email@example.com. Please add your child's name and teacher to your email.
Do you have After School Clubs?
We hope to offer After School Clubs on campus again this year.
How much is lunch?
How much is breakfast?
Faculty & Staff: $2.00
Can I eat with my child at lunch time?
Yes! Get your student's lunch time from their teacher and meet the class at the cafeteria.
How do I find out what's for lunch?
The PTA publishes the weekly lunch menu in our Sunday Send Out newsletter. We also post the current monthly lunch menu on our Lunch page.
Hunstville City Schools posts monthly breakfast lunch calendars on their website too. Click here to view the menus.
How do I send in money for my child's lunch?
Each student has his/her own lunch account. Below are the options for adding money to your account. Any funds left over from last year will automatically carry to the new school year, even if they have changed schools within the district.
1. Cash or Check: Send in cash or a check payable to GSES with your child. You can send in any amount and the balance will stay in your child's account as long as he/she is enrolled in Huntsville City Schools. Send the money in a plastic bag or envelope clearly marked as lunch money, along with your child’s name and teacher.
2. Online: Sign up to monitor your child's lunch account and pay online at www.ezschoolpay.com. There is no charge for monitoring your child's account, checking the balance, and viewing what they have purchased. For a small fee, you can add funds to your child's account and set up automatic payments. When registering, the website will ask you for a Student ID. This ID is the student's State ID number and it can be obtained from the cafeteria manager.
What time does my child's class go to lunch?
The current lunch schedule can be found here as soon as it is available.
Why should I join the PTA?
- There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school by giving you voting rights on things such as the PTA budget and activities.
- By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- PLUS, you get an awesome school calendar magnet!